Thursday, October 31, 2013

I made it!

31 days, 31 posts, I did it!

This has been a challenge some days and other days it has been easy. Regardless, this challenge has been worth it. I have learned some things about myself. It has been therapeutic, and relaxing at times. The blogging has brought back some memories and created some new ones. As I sit hear tonight, on the eve of my 40th birthday, I reflect back over the past month and the stories, thoughts, reflections, and other things that I have shared with anyone wanting to spend a few moments reading them. This month, though extremely busy has given me a new look on things. The medium of blogging is really an interesting avenue to speak to others. I really don't have much of an idea of who is reading what I am writing. Some people have encouraged me with their compliments and "likes" and I thank you for those. I have a few people who have even messaged me when it has gotten late and they haven't seen the blog yet. It is kind of a thrill to know that other people are wanting to know what I have to say. I really don't think that I have anything all that important to share, but I am willing to share it. And that is the important thing. Willingness. I want to challenge anyone reading this blog to give blogging a try. Maybe you start by just writing and not publishing it to the web or maybe you just dive in and go for it. Whatever your comfortable with but I want you to try it. Do it once a week or maybe even once a month. I was asked this week whether I was going to continue after tonight's post or if I was going to stop once I met the challenge. I don't know if I will blog every night going forward but I know that I will continue to blog. I don't want to stop. It has become a new outlet for me. I will share a little secret with you. What I publish is not always what I originally write. I find it helps to vent in my writing then delete it and write about something else. It helps me to cool down, so to speak.

So I have completed the challenge successfully, so now I need a new goal. I haven't decided on one as of yet, but I have some ideas in the works. I will just have to think them over a bit before deciding. I have a little trip in the plans this weekend so I will have time to think while driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment