Friday, October 11, 2013

Drool can be cool

So tonight the kids begged me to have a movie night. Since I really didn't have anywhere I had to be I agreed. We ended up getting Parental Guidance off the On Demand of our cable company. (It was free = Bonus) So while watching it we decided for a little information to have some ice cream. After returning to watching the movie M began to get a bit sleepy so I got him ready for bed and told him to grab his blanket and lay down on the couch with me. Within minutes he was sawing logs and putting my arm to sleep. That is when it happened. It was about the point where you really can't feel your arm because the circulation has been cut off but you still feel it. All of a sudden my arm started to feel wet. Sure enough M was drooling like Pavlov's dog listening to a recording of a bell that is stuck on repeat. Even though it is gross, drool from my little boy is pretty cool. Anyone that has ever heard me tell the stories of how hard it is to get M to go to bed at night will understand this. I love it when he falls asleep in my arms or on my lap. See our case worker has expressed some concern that the kids haven't bonded with us. Nothing could be further from the truth. The bond that M and I have is awesome. I love his hugs and cuddles and tonight watching the movie with him and him falling asleep in my arms was amazing. It reminded me of when Logan was younger and would fall asleep watching ballgames with me. Being a dad is truly one of the greatest things in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment