Sunday, October 13, 2013

Psalm 150

One of my favorite chapters from the Bible is Psalm 150. I remember memorizing for camp as a youth. I don't think I can quote it word for word now but my favorite verse is verse 6. "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord." (NIV) Today we opened our service with this passage of Scripture. Praising my Creator is the best way to start out not just any week but any day. Unfortunately, and totally my fault, I don't start every day that way. Sometimes it is because I am running late, or I just can't stand the alarm, and continuously hit the snooze or whatever the reason they are all just excuses. There is no excuse that is good enough to allow me to forget to do the one thing that I was created for, praising Him. Tomorrow a friend of mine from high school's baby is going to be undergoing a pretty serious surgery. I don't know a ton of details but this little girl has gone through a lot in her very short life and the road ahead is not going to be an easy one. He posted an update earlier today asking for prayer for Grace. So please lift Grace and her family and the doctors and nurses up in prayer tonight, tomorrow, or whenever you feel led to. But also, I praise God for this precious little girl and for her mom and dad and the witness and example that they are. The story that they are going to be able to continue to share is a great one. We don't know how it is going to end but their faith and trust is amazing. Josh, thank you for your witness and your faith. I am praying for Grace, you and the rest of your family. Reach out to God and rest in the peace that only He can give.

Psalm 150
1 Praise the Lord.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.
2 Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
3 Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
4 praise him with timbrel and dancing,
praise him with the strings and pipe,
5 praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.
6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment