Sunday, October 27, 2013

5 to go

Including tonight's post, I only have 5 posts to write to reach my goal of blogging every day this month. There is one negative to this realization though. There are only 5 days left to my 30s. On Friday, I turn 40. I have dreaded this for quite awhile and for the past few weeks, I have tried not to think about it too much. I really don't know what the big deal is, but for some reason I am not looking forward to turning 40.

So then today, to make me feel worse, I discovered that I have ruined a planned surprise party my wife was planning. Evidently she had forgotten that I am headed out of town this coming weekend for a flag football tournament. This has become a yearly trip for me on the first weekend in November but she was thinking that it was the following weekend not this weekend. I feel bad about it, not about the party, because I think I have told her several times in the past I didn't plan to do anything for my 40th, but because I know how she works at planning things and she probably has spent quite a bit of time working on this.  So I am sorry sweetheart. Maybe you can save your ideas for when I turn 50.

So there won't be any big doings for my 40th, just a nice breakfast or lunch with the wife and kids before I head out of town and some last minute helping with prepping for Saturdays Turkey Bowl. And that is all fine with me, it is really just another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment