Friday, October 4, 2013

Favorite time of the year

This is one of the best times of the year. I am not sure it is my favorite month but it has to be in the top three. October gives us football (high school, college, and professional), the hockey season is underway, and my absolute favorite playoff baseball. I was waiting to write tonight till Logan crashed because we were watching the Tigers together. I love watching baseball with my son. We have went to games together, played together, I have coached his teams, but I absolutely love it when we are sitting in the living room watching a ball game and we talk ball. He knows more about the ins and outs of the game than I ever did at his age and his mind is always working what ifs. We debate what a batter should do, what a pitcher should throw, and who should pinch it or come in out of the bullpen. He doesn't usually last a whole game but the few innings we share are priceless.

Tonight was great. We started the night out at the homecoming game. Me in my usual spot in the press box spotting and Logan hanging with his buddies and occasionally stopping by to check in. I love high school football. It was kind of reminiscent of my high school years due to the rain. I don't remember a homecoming back in Vestaburg without rain or snow. Following the game we went to that evil place WalMart (it always costs me more than I intend to spend) to get some snacks for the baseball game. We returned home to settle in and watch some baseball. We got home about the 3rd inning and by the end of the 6th Logan was zonked out on the couch, allowing me to come downstairs and write, while I watch the game. Though he lasted barely 3 innings I wouldn't trade it for anything right now. Playoff baseball and quality time with my son make a great ending to a day.

And if you aren't watching the game, Max is dealing tonight, showing why he is the best pitcher in baseball this season.

Go Tigers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment