Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Person of Interest

Okay, so it has been a few days since I have posted. I don't want to bore you with excuses but I have been fighting this crud and sleep (or at least attempts at sleep) have taken precedence. 

Just finished watching the latest episode of what has probably become my favorite television show, Person of Interest. I am not a conspiracy theorist by any means but I am intrigued by that sort of thing a little. I often wonder if "Big Brother" is watching. (side note - I have read 1984 twice) Anyway, when I think about the government or some other agency spying on me or just the public in general I don't get to worked up about it. I like to believe that for the most part I am not doing anything that I would be ashamed of or would get in some kind of trouble for. I was raised that someone far more important than the government was seeing everything I did both in public and in private. Beyond that, I was raised to believe that He would know my thoughts. From a very young age this was made evident to me. See my mom had this knack of knowing what I had been up to even before I got home from being out with friends. I remind you this is back in the 80s when basically no one in Vestaburg had cell phones or used the internet. I think she had her own spy network set up and they were all world record speed dialers (on rotary dial phones at that). I couldn't get away with anything. She took pleasure in interrogating me and getting me to fess up to things without me knowing I was confessing anything. She was subtle that way. I eventually learned it wasn't worth trying to hide anything from mom, she always found out, always. Between my healthy fear of my mother and my belief in an omniscient, omnipresent God I don't fear a government spying on me. I strongly believe that we have a right to our privacy and I don't want them spying on what goes on inside my home, but I don't really have anything to hide. In public, I don't even think about whether they are spying on me or not, I don't go out of my way to avoid security cameras, I am not worried about those here on Earth that may want to spy on me (I don't really have anything that fascinating going on in my life anyway) I worry about what my Creator sees, hears and knows. I know that I am a Person of Interest to Him and I am perfectly okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment