Friday, November 8, 2013

Overwhelmed and the organizational guru

How often do you feel overwhelmed? What do you do when you are overwhelmed? What does it even mean to be overwhelmed?

These questions seem to be coming up a bit lately. Some days, I admit, I feel overwhelmed. I get home from school and realize, there is work to be done in the house, in the yard, in the garage, and so on. Then there is the assignment(s) due for my masters class, is there a meeting or class I need to go to, what are the kids doing, do they need to be somewhere...... It just keeps going. Life has a way of bogging us down before we realize what is happening. But where do you cut back, what is gonna give? That is the tough question. Many people ask my wife and I how we do all the things we do. It all comes down to one word:

organization

My wife is the organizational guru in our family. She keeps us all in line as to where we need to go, what needs to be done, and all that stuff rich guys pay personal assistants to do for them. My wife is way underpaid, because I am not one of those rich guys. And I definitely don't make it easy for her. But she still makes things work. I wonder if she thinks I just throw stuff at her to see if she can handle it. That is not the way it is, I just tend to forget what I have told her and what I haven't. (I am getting better though.)

I love my wife and I really don't think I could survive without her. We joke about that a lot but it is weeks like this week that make me realize it is a fact. Heaven forbid anything were to happen to her, my kids and I would probably be in a world of hurt. So honey, if you're reading this, and I am sure you are, I love you and thank you for keeping me in line and headed to where I need to be going.

No comments:

Post a Comment