Sunday, February 2, 2014

Tomorrow!

Tomorrow is only a day away!

Tomorrow is going to be an awesome day!

Tomorrow, February 3, 2014, my two little ones finally get their forever family!

Tomorrow afternoon my family will officially adopt Maddex and Ella into our family. They have been with us for about 16 months and we could not imagine life without them. They complete our family. They make 8. This has been a long journey filled with ups and downs, blessings and tribulations. Many sleepless nights, stressful situations, and more importantly special memories have filled these past 16 months. Looking back I think about a February day in 2009 when we adopted Aggie and Gwendalynn. What a great day that was and I expect tomorrow to be just as great. I just hope I don't cry as much as I did back then.

Tomorrow is going to be extra special too. My brother-in-law and his wife will be with us in the courtroom because they are adopting the two older siblings of our Maddex and Ella. These 4 children who, through no fault of their own, were faced with so much uncertainty and doubt, will finally have the finality that they need and deserve.

Any of you that have been regular readers of my blog will recognize the following quote. I penned this quote back in the fall when thinking about the things that we have gone through as a family and myself, personally through our years doing foster care and our eventual adoption of what will now be 4 kids. It really sums up my view and adoption and the responsibility that I was given from my heavenly father.

"Our children are not ours because they share our genes, or because a piece of paper says they are. They are ours because they are a part of our soul. It was not an accident that they came into our lives. It was God's design that led them home. It was Him who placed them in our soul even before they were born."


No comments:

Post a Comment